Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Favorite Books: Part 1



Hello there,
I really like to read, and most of the time I will have my head in a book. One of my friends asked me to suggest some books to her, so here are some excellent books. If anyone has any recommendations for me, please share! 

Scarlet, by A.C. Gaughen
This book is Robin Hood with a twist. It's very exciting, and fairly realistic setting wise.
Unlike most Robin Hood stories, the main villain is not Prince John. The only part he plays in
the book is to set off the chain reaction that causes the people to be over taxed.
This is probably my favorite book, and the only thing I don't really like about it is that it's written in bad English.

Eyes Like Stars, by Lisa Mantchev
I really enjoyed this book. It was a bit of a slower read for me, but  every bit of it
was interesting. All of the books in the series are good- and all a bit sad- but this one,
the first one, is my favorite. It's a lot different then any other book I've read. If you
like acting, theaters, and the like, you very well might like this book. And if you've
ever wondered what would happen if characters from different stories met, you should read this book.
What I don't like about this book is that the ending makes me cry. Every time.

Silver Phoenix, by Cindy Pon

This is a very interesting story which takes place in a setting quite like China. One
of the reasons I really like it is that monsters form Chinese mythology often appear. They're
a lot different from Western myths and legends, and it's a nice change. The main character, Ai Ling,
is very brave and makes a lot of choices that I never would, but she often is the only character who is able to
think and get her and her friends out of whatever trouble they've gotten themselves into. I don't like some of
the choices she makes in this book, and I think the ending is a bit incomplete, but the second book fixes that.

Kiki Strike: Inside The Shadow City, by Kirsten Miller

6 really talented and curious girls living in New York City  discover a city under New York. This is
just a really cool book. I love all the cool inventions and ideas they have. If anyone thinks a
bunch of 12 year old girls can't make one of the most important discoveries of the century and
keep it hidden, this book shall prove them wrong. I honestly can't think of anything I don't like
about this book.


xx
Veelacat 

1 comment:

Hello, I love to hear what other people think, so comment away.