Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Field trip! Field trip!

Hello,
Most every school around will take a field trip to their state capitol. So it is only natural that us homeschoolers also go and take a field trip into the state capitol. Regrettably, as we live 4 + hours away from our state capitol, this was the first time I have been there. But it really was worth getting up at 5:30 in the morning to go there. We all got up around 5:30, but we weren't on the road for another hour. I can't say much about our ride. Illinois is a beautiful state, but the majority of it is prairie. It all kind of looks the same to me. Three cups of coffee and half my playlist later, we finally arrived in Springfield. It is a cute big (no way I could call it little) town. First thing we did was visit the State Capitol Building. Wow. It is just so incredibly amazing I can not describe it. I took as many pictures as my camera's built in memory would hold (which is ten. I forgot to put it's memory card in it before we left).

This is the old Supreme Court room. Isn't is beautiful? You can't see it,
but the wall paper says Justice.
 Everyone we met was super nice. And we got our own private tour.

I loved the chandeliers. They were as impressive as all get out.

I think this is the senate chambers. The carpet is all hand woven.

This is mind blowing. Our dome is taller then the one in DC if my facts are correct,
and I believe they are.
This is a tiny corner of the State Capitol Building.

Here is me. This can kind of give you a picture of how big the State Capitol Building
really is. This is only the front entrance.
We also went to the Lincoln museum, but it had a no photography policy.
Well I have a art class to attend,

Veelacat

1 comment:

Hello, I love to hear what other people think, so comment away.