Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Victorian tea... this shall be fun.

Tomorrow, my Girl Scout troop and I are going to a Victorian tea. I think it's going to be pretty fun. Can't really remember the last time I went to a tea party... about 3 years ago? Something like that. I'm on the edge about whether I should wear glitter eyeliner or not. Glitter eyeliner is awesome, but let me tell you- it's really painful to get glitter in your eye! Oh, and the whole people from the Victorian era would never ever wear glitter eyeliner thing. They actually wouldn't wear that much makeup at all. Maybe a little powder. They would wear very fancy hats. And would also wear really complicated buns, or crimp their hair, or wear sugar curls. I'm going with a bun. Angela has a awesome costume. She sewed it herself, and it is really awesome. Christina is wearing a pretty white dress with a blue pattern, and I'm going to curl her hair. I'm wearing a gorgeous, fluffy, pink dress. And my big, black, worn out boots. Or I could wear my nice high heels. Not that it would matter anyway; the dress is floor length.
Anyway.
I have a violin recital this Friday! Yay! Kinda really excited about it. It's going to be really small, but still. I really like the piece I'm going to be playing. Angela has agreed to film me playing, so I'll post the video. But after the recital I'm going to be really sad, 'cause like I said, I really like this piece. After the recital, I'm going to be done with it. But being done with it also means I'm going to be getting new music. And I do like new music.
xx
Veelacat

2 comments:

  1. I used to do Girl Guides last year and the year before, but I quit this year. We just weren't doing much risky and fun stuff. But your group sounds real exciting! And it would real kewl to dress up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! It would be so awesome to go to a Victoriano tea party! ^_^ I love everything about the Victorian era :) Good luck for your violin recital :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I love to hear what other people think, so comment away.